In this post at fashion stuffs we are going to write an article about the best schools or universities for fashion degrees that you must follow.
We are writing this article as a request of our fans which are asking for the reasons that they must follow lessons of an university for a bachelor degree or master degree for fashion. But, first of all you must read around in the internet or bookmark fashion stuffs for the next post to see if you have what it takes to do a graduate-level fashion degree. You must stay online on fashion stuffs to read our next guide to see if this competitive industry is for you.
As you know Paris, London, Milan and New York are the cities of fashion, are the cities that shows the styles for the year ahead. But on the same time this cities are famous centers to have a place for fashion learning if you are a graduate student, or if you want to be graduate, in fashion design this are the cities where you can find the best universities that offer the high quality of the degree.
In this post we want to show you five best schools in New York. We want to mention that we are talking about this schools because we have had the best students from this schools that have write for our fashion blog, and that have design clothes for us, and we are very glad with them. So, this is our list it is not the list of a ranking company and we want to mention that you may find better colleges in other countries or cities so I hope that you will be based in our article about the best fashion schools in New York but this does not mean that your future is in the dependence of this article.
You should just write best universities in the world in fashion field or just best schools in the world in fashion field, or if you are from New York you just have to write in google Top ten fashion schools in the New York and after this search you may find other universities or schools around the world because sometimes this ranking is a little bit subjective.Anyway to stop this analyse let's start with the first school:
- 1. Parsons The New School for Design, a school that enable students to develop their skills and knowledge they need to succeed in fashion design while this field is in change very rapidly. Students will collaborate with industry partners and communities around the world and in New York City, the center of art, business and of course the center of design.
- Number of students: Graduate: 555; Undergrads: 4,191; fashion marketing: 384 ,fashion design: 1,087;
- Tuition fee: $38,510
- 2. Fashion Institute of Technology is is one of the best known schools in this field. This school is known as the college for design, fashion, art, communication and of course business.
- Number of Students: 10,386
- Tuition fee: $13,550 for out-of-state residents ; $5,168 (NYC/NYC residents);
- 3. Pratt (This is a school in Brooklyn, New York).
- The characteristics of this school are similar of the second one, but in this case are the partners that makes the difference or the practice that this schools have at the known fashion companies like Versace, Armani etc.
- Number of Students: Fashion: 169 , Total undergrads in art & design program: 2,100;
- Tuition fee: $37,500
- 4.Kent State University
- Programs: Fashion Design; Fashion Merchandising
- Number of Students : Undergrads: 18,000, Fashion students: 200/year graduate from the school.
- Tuition fee for this university is: Non-Ohio resident: $16,900 , Ohio resident: $9,030;